Due to continued growth, we are expanding our Surveying Teams across the UK. We currently have an immediate requirement for an experienced trades professional to join our team of Technical Surveyors in the South East region (based Hertfordshire (M25).
What you will do:
As Technical Surveyor you will ensure the continued delivery of our growing installations pipeline ensuring safety, compliance and customer satisfaction.
Working with a range of clients in a domestic home environment, you will have a pre-arranged schedule and travel to multiple locations daily throughout Hertfordshire and surrounding areas.
What we can offer you?
- Competitive Salary (paid monthly)
- Company Bonus Scheme (based on Company profits)
- 25 days paid holiday + 1 extra day off on your birthday!
- Company Vehicle + Fuel Card + Tools + Uniform + PPE
- Life insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Health Cash Plan
- Mobile Phone & PDA (handheld tablet)
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fully supported, comprehensive training program – we will support you through every step of your induction and beyond!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Survey/Measure Up for new through floor domestic lift installations, undertaking compliant paperwork, risk assessments and creating method statements and plan drawings.
- Undertaking property surveys, advising clients about building/property issues, an awareness of current building regulations and technical knowledge will be required.
- Inspecting the deterioration of a property and taking steps to ensure this will not affect the planned installation works.
- Prepare detailed sketches and floor plans of property layouts, and relevant documentation.
- Writing technical reports/surveys that can be easily understood and followed by trades.
What are we looking for:
- Extensive structural experience in a multi-disciplined construction environment.
- Good understanding of building structures/floor and roof structures (loft conversions, extensions, internal remodelling).
- Proven track-record / trades experience of working across a range of build environments.
- Understanding and awareness of current building regulations and Health and Safety regulations.
- Excellent people, project and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to engage customers and communicate with them effectively and confidently.
- Fully IT proficient – able to use a PDA (handheld tablet) and Smartphone.
- Flexibility – willing to travel (overnight stays will be required).
- Due to working within our customers’ homes, you will require a DBS check which the company will undertake.
- As a company vehicle is provided with this role, a valid full UK driving licence is also essential.
This role would suit ex Building Inspectors, Building Control Officers, experienced Builders or Carpenters.