Due to continued growth, we are expanding our Technical Surveying teams. Are you an experienced trades professional looking for a new challenge, “off tools” or a Building Estimator seeking a role with a progressive, secure business?
Stiltz, design, manufacture and install our innovative, award winning Stiltz homelifts in domestic homes throughout the UK, Europe, USA, and rest of world.
What you will do:
Our team of talented Technical Surveyors ensure the continued delivery of our growing installations pipeline for our domestic homelift product range, ensuring safety, compliance and customer satisfaction. Working with a range of clients in a domestic home environment, this role will be based in the North East.
What we can offer you?
- Competitive Salary (paid monthly)
- Company Bonus Scheme (based on Company profits)
- 25 days paid holiday + 1 extra day off on your birthday!
- Company Vehicle + Fuel Card + Tools + Uniform + PPE
- Life insurance, Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Health Cash Plan
- Mobile Phone & PDA (handheld tablet)
- Fully supported, comprehensive training program – we will support you through every step of your induction and beyond!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Survey/Measure-Up for new through floor domestic lift installations, undertaking compliant paperwork, risk assessments and creating method statements and drawings plans.
- Advising clients about building/property issues, an awareness of current building regulations and technical knowledge will be required.
- Inspecting the deterioration of a property and taking steps to ensure this will not affect the planned installation works.
- Prepare detailed sketches and floor plans of property layouts, and relevant documentation.
- Complete technical reports/surveys that can be easily understood and followed by trades.
What are we looking for:
- Good structural experience gained within a multi-disciplined construction environment.
- Proven knowledge of building structures / floor and roof structures (loft conversions, extensions, internal remodelling).
- Understanding and awareness of current building regulations and Health and Safety regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to engage customers and communicate with them effectively and confidently.
- Good level of IT proficiency.
- Flexibility – willing to travel (overnight stays will be required).
Due to working within our customers’ homes you will require a DBS check which the company will undertake.
As a company vehicle is provided with this role, a valid full UK driving licence is also essential.
This role would suit ex Building Inspectors, Building Control Officers, experienced Builders or Carpenters.